Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Welcome! A Blast from The Past.


Hi and welcome,


I wanted to share with you a quote from Johannes Itten's Book "The Art Of Colour".  He wrote, "the deepest and truest secrets of colour effect are, I know, invisible even to the eye, and are beheld by the heart alone. The essential eludes conceptual formulation."  I have always felt this, its not just what we see, sight is only one of our senses and only one part of the experience.  Colour can have an effect on all our senses changing our emotions, lifting our heart, with incredible impact.


I studied this book at art school many years ago and have recently gone back to re-read it while studying my current course in design and have found the information to be timeless and exciting.


Because of this reflection on the past, I thought I would take a short walk down memory lane (not in any particular order) and show you some of my past work. My obsession with colour has taken many forms over the years, with some of these disciplines and techniques still used in my work today. 











No comments: